Sunday, March 30, 2014

My Mountain Man

Three weeks ago, Michael decided to grow out his beard.  Inspired by a couple of friends who had recently done the same thing, he determined the time had come for him to do what every grown man has the privilege of doing - at least once in his life.  Although I wasn't super excited to trade clean-shaven cheeks for scratchy kisses, I didn't mind him embarking on the adventure.  In the end, I ended up liking it better than I expected!  Especially after the stubby prickles grew longer and softer.  

Today was shaving (and haircut) day.  Michael planned to grow out the whiskers at least until May, but he admitted that it finally got too scratchy.  It was fun to see him shave first down to a goatee, then a moustache, then back to no whiskers at all.  I guess I really got used to him having facial hair because when he finally shaved it off it felt like I was looking at a new man!  Haha.  Which look do you think suits him best?  (We've both agreed not the moustache - ha.)
I caught him half-blinking in this last one, but I thought it was a better view of his fresh haircut than straight on.  

Aaaand just a few more...for fun.




6 comments:

  1. Looks great either way! But I agree with you guys, it's all or nothing for you Michael, no in-between stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey!!!!! K, time for the sister-in-law analysis. Macow, you look excellent with a beard and not half bad with a goatee! Yep. I approve the facial hair. But clean-shaven Macow is very, very nice indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, looks great! One day we need to do this again together in manly solidarity (maybe get some other men in the family involved), as otherwise Debbie won't let me grow a beard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA. It's funny Dad, as Michael was doing this I told him how there are a few rare photos of the time when you grew out your whiskers. If I remember correctly it was at about the same point in you and mom's marriage as Michael and I are right now - I think I was a baby or at least pretty young? Anyway - Michael's beard reminded me of yours because as you can see his is red too! Hahaha...

      Delete
  4. I love this series! Michael's pretty good at cheesing it up. :-)

    I like the beard better than the goatee, and I also like the longer locks (granted, that's about as long as I think they should get, so the haircut was well-timed). Your man has great hair!

    ReplyDelete