Friday, September 6, 2013

A Fresh New Start

I guess it was inevitable that someday I would jump on the blog bandwagon.  I'm excited!  Although I plan to keep a personal journal as well, I'm hoping that this will be a fun place where family and friends can come see what we're up to, get ideas for crafts and recipes, get a good laugh, whatever I decide to include in here.

Oh, and there will definitely be pictures.  LOTS of pictures.  :)

Michael and I have been married for one awesome year.  I had planned to start a blog right at the beginning of our marriage, but things got crazy pretty quickly (I began a new school year of teaching two days after we got back from our honeymoon, as one illustration).  But I think this is a good time to try again.  We have just moved from Provo, UT to Newport News, VA.  It's the beginning of a whole new chapter.  We've left friends and family behind and we're building a new life in a new place! We will be here close to 3 years since Michael just started his doctorate in Physical Therapy at Hampton University.

It really feels good to be somewhat "settled" now.  We were very blessed to live in two furnished basements during the first year of marriage, but in each of those places we knew we wouldn't be there forever.  Now we are in our own place where we are paying for every square foot ourselves, and everything in here belongs to us.  Plus we'll be here for more than just a few months.  It's kinda nice.

What am I doing out here while Michael is in school?  Well, I'm actually continuing my baby photography job from over the summer!  I really enjoyed it, and they just happened to need someone out here.  (Eventually though I will also be doing something else, since Bella Baby can only give me 2-3 days a week.)  I am also enjoying all things related to getting "settled" - keeping the apartment organized and clean, actually implementing a monthly "meal plan", reading for pleasure...(well, haven't done that yet, but I plan to).

I guess that about does it for an intro and summary.  Thanks for reading, whoever you may be.  Coming up soon - pictures of our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment