Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloween Decorations

I know this makes my second post in a day, but I wanted to post some pictures of our Halloween decor before it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving, lol.  Thanks to Mom Nelson for many of the decorations, including the cute dishtowel and hot pad in the kitchen! :)


Making sock dolls has been a hobby of mine for a long time.  I was excited to find these cute socks on clearance at Target.  (I also made some for a handmade craft store in Yorktown, to sell!  Remember the pretty area down by the river from my last post?  Yeah, RIGHT THERE.  It's called Auntie M's American Cottage.  I'm supplying them with sock dolls, "people pens", and other things I make.  Don't expect to make a fortune off of it, but it's mainly just for fun.)





This little pumpkin was easy to make.  Just get a roundish vase from the dollar store, and wrap orange yarn around it gluing as you go!  Then just add black felt face shapes as a finishing touch.




You'll notice that there aren't many candy corn left.  I bought them the day I intended to take pictures, but then I kept postponing and by the time I got around to it, well, you see what happened. :) They are my favorite Halloween treat.  Somebody asked me about the frame decor, so here's how I did it.  It's so easy, and cheap.  I just bought a Halloween card and an 8x10 frame from the dollar store, taped the card to a trimmed-down piece of white printer paper, and put the paper inside the frame.  Voila.  Then after Halloween I'll just switch the cards out for Thanksgiving ones!







4 comments:

  1. So cute Rachel! I'm so glad you have a blog now! Thanks for always leaving cute comments on mine :) where did you get that cute trick or treat print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Hannah! I should tell you that you were much of the inspiration for me getting going on one in the first place. I think yours is so fun to read. :D ACTUALLY that was just a Halloween greeting card I picked up at the dollar store! In an 8x10 frame from the same dollar store! All I did was tape the card onto a white piece of printer paper (which I think had to be trimmed down slightly) and stuck it in the frame. I also got some Thanksgiving cards that I can switch out after Halloween is over. It's a cheap and easy decor idea - my favorite kind. :) Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  2. Someday I'll be able to decorate my own house. The boys did it this year, lol - we have pumpkins in the funniest places!

    ReplyDelete