We have now been keeping that journal for over a year, and I am SO glad that we started! It documents one of the most significant periods in our married life so far. Between the family journal and my own personal journal (I use jrnl.com and absolutely love it), most of the gaps in my blog are filled in. I say "most" because although my last big post was written in March 2015, it described an event that happened in July 2014. So really it's like I haven't blogged consistently in 2 years. Oops.
I'm not going to attempt detailed catch-up blog posts for that entire period. However, I thought it might be fun to do a visual diary recapping some of the highlights - if for nothing other than my own record-keeping. And if somebody else enjoys it too, well - great! :)
2014
- Planted a little potted garden, which - despite a lack of direct sun on our porch - yielded a relatively successful harvest
- Cow Appreciation Day
- Visited Michael's grandma in Idaho (she has since passed away)
- Attended our church's annual Girls Camp as a youth leader. Went to bed every night soaking with sweat and eaten alive by mosquitos, but I absolutely loved it.
- Visits to Buckroe Beach with friends
- Met up with my wonderful friend and former roommate Sarah in Charlottesville VA. Both of us were living in the East while our husbands attended grad school!
- Hosted my family on a visit to our neck of the woods
- Dressed as Mary Poppins and Bert for Halloween
- Hosted "pie night" the day before Thanksgiving (rather than eating pies on Thanksgiving afternoon when everyone is still too full to enjoy them, hehe)
- Attended my cousin Rebecca's farewell just before she left on her 18-month church mission to Chile. (And just happened to run into my childhood friend Hannah Galli that I hadn't seen since age 5 who just happened to be visiting that same church building that same Sunday!)
- Lots of events and activities with the awesome youth at our church!
- Festive trips to Colonial Williamsburg and other memories with friends during the holiday season
- Got totally spoiled by my parents who took the whole family on a Disney Cruise!









No comments:
Post a Comment